Dare to Discover
The Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing the embedded
software that is integral to Schlumberger measurement and control systems. The Embedded Software
Engineer evaluates methods, technology and development tools to be used for projects. This person
helps define and implement frameworks and design practices, as well as knowledge sharing activities in
the local and global community.
- Design and implement embedded software for measurement and control systems incorporating
multiple processors using real time operating systems.
- Design high-speed, hard-real-time data acquisition and logging systems.
- Implement DSP algorithms.
- Gather and analyze requirements and estimations.
- Coordinate software development with other disciplines and engineering projects.
- Design testing procedures. Conduct and coordinate tests, document results and develop
presentations. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
- Support Manufacturing and field organizations on design and testing related issues.
- Produce analyses and mathematical models, and draw design conclusions based on those.
- Conduct or participate in multidisciplinary technical reviews of projects.
- Contribute to design standards and support design re-use.
- Create and maintain product documentation. Provide technical support to field and customers
- Assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. Mentor others as
- Share expertise via Eureka and special interest groups. Build informal network throughout the
organization. Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
- Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risks.
- Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Adopt new practices readily to develop
innovative and low-cost products. Keep updated on software technology, particularly within the
- Comply with the embedded software development process.
- Maintain familiarity with company technology, organization and business.
- Experience with programming language such as python, C or C++
- Experience with programming microcontroller from Microchip (dsPIC, SAMD21), Texas
- Instruments, NXP or any ARM M4 like controller
- Experience with embedded software requirements, design architecture and specifications
- Experience with SVM (Software Version Management) such as Git, SVN etc…
- Good team communication in English
- Good decision making and initiatives
- Experience with test sequencer software such as TestStand or equivalent
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with Software Continuous integration
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Experience with programming language such as python, C++
- Experience with Unix system fundamentals and Linux ecosystem
- Experience building and configuring Linux userland installations (the base OS).
- Experience deploying customized Linux userland images
- Experience with embedded Linux
- Flexible hybrid work (home-office and lab/office)
- Highly skilled, multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Excellent work environment
- Long-term position
Para se candidatar a esta vaga envie seus detalhes por e-mail para firstname.lastname@example.org